Here are some opportunities to keep on your radar this week!
*Please use the links included in each listing to direct you to the opportunity source website for more information.
- UNAOC Young Peacebuilders in Middle East and North Africa. The programme is designed to support young people in gaining skills that can enhance their positive role in issues of peace and security and in preventing violent conflict. It also brings visibility to the initiatives, actions and projects initiated by young people towards peace and the promotion of diversity and human rights. Link to more information here: https://www.unaoc.org/what-we-do/projects/young-peacebuilders-in-mena/
- The TED2018 Fellows application is open. TED is looking for early-career, visionary thinkers from around the world to join the Fellows program at the TED2018 conference. Apply before September 10. Link: https://fellowsblog.ted.com/the-ted2018-fellows-application-is-open-apply-now-7cd09f37ab03
- Call for applications from young people promoting peace and security in Europe. Deadline to apply: 2 August 2017. The European consultation on Youth, Peace and Security will take place in Brussels, Belgium from 25 to 27 September 2017. Find more information and apply at https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/29700/calling-young-people-promoting-peace-and-security-europe_en
- Tomorrow’s Peacebuilder Awards which recognize grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. Find the application form and more information here: https://www.peacedirect.org/tp/
- Check out some online courses offered by the United States Institute of Peace. Some of the courses open for registration are Civil Resistance and Nonviolent Resistance, Introduction to Peacebuilding and Mediating Violent Conflict https://www.usip.org/education-training/courses